I love finding natural ways to combat household problems or everyday issues -- and of course we all know what cucumbers are: they are just another vegetable we put on salads and possibly in cruditès. But I bet you had no idea how versatile cucumbers really are. You'll probably never look at a cucumber the same way again.
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeine and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up which can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance (try it on your car windows when it’s raining or cold).
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5. Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Give yourself a micro version of that expensive spa treatment without all the chemicals in most of those expensive spa products. Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!
Read 8 more ways you can use cucumbers (including how to use cucumber for hangovers, a "green" way to clean stainless steel sinks and faucets...and more!) Enjoy!
For information purposes only. The content on this page is not intended as advice. Your results may vary.
To your great health every day,Jeanie